Hip Pain Specialist Questions and Answers
If you feel problems like hip pain at night, outer hip pain, hip pain when sitting, or hip pain when walking, then consider Hudson Sport & Spine. If you feel extremely awful pain, visit our specialist today! For more details please call us or book an appointment online. We serve patients from Hoboken NJ, Jersey City NJ, Weehawken NJ, West New York NJ, Guttenberg NJ, Secaucus NJ, Harrison NJ, Kearny NJ, Newark NJ, Belleville NJ, North Bergen NJ and Lyndhurst NJ.
Hip pain can make walking, climbing, or any other physical task especially challenging. Our hips are crucial for our strength and flexibility. If you live in or nearby Hoboken, NJ, and experience significant hip pain, we have a team of specialists at Hudson Sport & Spine who will be pleased to tend to your hip pain with compassion and expert knowledge.
When Should I See a Specialist for My Hip Pain?
If you have regular, prolonged hip pain that significantly affects your functional mobility on a regular basis, you should definitely make an appointment to see a specialist, whether they are a physical therapist, chiropractor, massage therapist, or acupuncture specialist. These specialists can help get to the root of what is causing your pain, while also treating and strengthening your hip pain so that your body can function properly.
What is Wrong with My Hip?
There are plenty of causes of hip pain that we can address with one or more of our services at Hudson Sport & Spine. We treat the following injuries and conditions involving hip pain:
- Tendonitis: Hip tendonitis is a painful, repetitive strain injury. Overuse of the hip muscles inflames the tendons that attach your hip to your upper thigh. Pain gradually worsens with hip tendonitis, so it is important to get treatment early before it severely impacts your mobility.
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid (inflammatory) arthritis are the two most common forms of arthritis affecting the hip. Osteoarthritis is known as the “wear and tear” form of arthritis, because it is degenerative. That means that the cartilage that protects your bones gradually deteriorates as you get older. Rheumatoid arthritis, on the other hand, is an autoimmune disorder, in which your body interprets the soft lining around your joints as a threat, and responds accordingly. This leads to a build-up of fluid that inflames your joints. Both are very painful.
- Bursitis: Bursitis occurs when repetitive activity irritates and inflames the liquid-filled bursae sacs that ease the friction between your bones, muscles, and tendons. Bursitis is typically felt on the outside of your hip, with a sharp pain that gradually evolves into a dull ache.
- Sciatica: While sciatica is a condition that begins in the back, hip pain is a symptom of sciatica. Sciatica occurs when something places pressure on the sciatic nerve found in your lower back. This nerve runs down your hips, buttocks, and thighs, and so the pain often travels through your hips.
What Services Do You Provide for Hip Pain?
The treatment options for hip pain depend on what your diagnosis is. We have diverse options for you to choose from when considering treatment for your hip pain. Hudson Sport & Spine offers the following treatment options:
- Spinal Decompression Therapy: Spinal decompression therapy is a great treatment option for those that suffer from sciatica. It works by gently stretching out the spine to change your spinal position. This, in turn, relieves undue pressure put on your spine and the pain caused therein. If you have hip pain from sciatica, spinal decompression therapy can relieve both the pain and the underlying reason for that pain.
- Chiropractic Therapy: With chiropractic therapy, you can benefit from gentle spinal and joint manipulation and mobilization, rehabilitative exercises, joint taping or bracing for you hip, and diet routines that will decrease inflammation. We have board certified chiropractors on staff at Hudson Sport & Spine.
- Physical Therapy: Our board certified physical therapist and physical therapy aids have a number of treatments they can offer you to improve your range of motion and help you recover by analyzing your gait, providing you with flexibility and range of motion exercises, as well as soft tissue mobilization, and more.
- Massage Therapy: Our team of massage therapists can bring you hip pain relief by improving blood flow and relaxing tense muscles in the affected area. Tense muscles are a common cause of injuries to your tendons, cartilage, ligaments, etc., so it is important to keep them loose.
If you are interested in learning more about our services, or are experiencing significant hip pain and would like to book an appointment, our friendly staff would be pleased to assist you. You can either call us at (201) 503-3650, or you can request an appointment online. If you have already booked an appointment, you can find our offices at 70 Hudson Street Suite 2B, Hoboken, NJ. Our hours of operation are as follows:
- Monday to Thursday: 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed