Physical Therapist Questions and Answers
At Hudson Sport & Spine we offer physical therapy treatments near you. For more details please call us or book an appointment online. We serve patients from Hoboken NJ, Jersey City NJ, Weehawken NJ, West New York NJ, Guttenberg NJ, Secaucus NJ, Harrison NJ, Kearny NJ, Newark NJ, Belleville NJ, North Bergen NJ and Lyndhurst NJ.
Have you recently healed from a severe injury, but you may not have the strength or range of motion you once had? It isn’t uncommon for you to lose strength and agility in a part of your body if it has spent months recovering from an injury and you have avoided using that area. What you need is a top-notch physical therapist, and if you live near Hoboken, NJ, then Hudson Sport & Spine is here for you! Our physical therapists are ready to help you complete your final step in your recovery.
Our physical therapists are licensed by the state of New Jersey and have extensive training in the area of physiology, biomechanics, and the body’s anatomy. Our therapists will pinpoint the source of weakness or pain and develop a treatment program to help you feel better again. Their hands-on approach to treatment is the reason why so many patients visit our clinic for help.
What should I expect during my visit with a physical therapist?
You’ll first meet one on one with our physical therapist during your visit to Hudson Sport & Spine. You will need to complete paperwork when you visit. Your primary care doctor often prescribes physical therapy, so please bring that prescription with you when you visit. You will also need to provide us with your insurance information as well.
When you meet with our physical therapist, we will need to review your medical history. We will want to hear, in your own words, what your current medical issues are. Some of the questions we will ask include:
- Where does it hurt on your body?
- What time of the day does it generally begin to hurt?
- What makes your pain feel better?
- What makes your pain feel worse?
- How are your daily activities affected by your pain or reduced range of motion?
When our physical therapist has a complete picture of your needs, they will develop a customized physical therapy plan for you. Additional diagnostic testing and evaluation may be needed to fine-tune your treatment plan. When you visit our facility for treatment, please wear loose-fitting clothes, including your first visit. We may have you move or do some range of motion tests during your initial evaluation. This will make our physical therapists’ jobs much easier.
At Hudson Sport & Spine, what treatments do your physical therapists use for therapy sessions?
Our physical therapists use several types of treatments at our facility. What procedures are selected will depend on the evaluation of your injury and its location.
- Manual (hands-on) Therapy: Myofascial release techniques are used to strengthen muscles, soft tissue, and improve joint mobilization. Back, neck and other painful areas can benefit from this treatment method.
- Pain Management: If you are experiencing acute or chronic pain, pain management may be needed. Our physical therapists will use dry hydrotherapy, heat, electrical stimulation, cryotherapy, ultrasound, and intersegmental traction to help manage your pain symptoms.
- Therapeutic Exercises: Customized exercises to stabilize, stretch, and strengthen treatment areas to restore the range of motion that is pain-free. These exercises also improve muscle balance and movement.
- Postural Corrections: If you are suffering from musculoskeletal problems, these posture exercises and behavior modifications will help.
- Home Management Program: Home exercise is a critical part of your complete recovery. We’ll teach you the do’s and don’ts of home exercises so you can continue your recovery safely.
How long will my session last with your physical therapist?
In most cases, you visit to Hudson Sport & Spine will last about 30 to 60 minutes depending on your treatment.
Hudson Sport & Spine’s physical therapists work out of our state of the art clinic that is located at 70 Hudson Street, suite 2B Hoboken, New Jersey 07030. We are open Monday through Thursday from 11 am to 7:30 pm and on Friday from 10 am to 6 pm. Do you have questions about our physical therapy services? Call our friendly staff today.
We look forward to meeting you!